In this article, we’re going to be taking a look at some of the best wireless chargers that you can grab for your Android device - all of your other Qi-enabled devices.
What Exactly is Wireless Charging?
There's been a lot of talk recently about wireless charging. But what exactly is it? Is it worth getting, and what do you need to know before buying a wireless charger. Read on to find out.
So is wireless charging any good? For the most part, yes. Is it worth getting a wireless charging right now? Well, it depends. First, let’s actually outline what we mean by wireless charging.
The concept of wireless charging is pretty simple - rather than plugging the cable into a port on your phone or tablet, you place a device on the charging pad, and through the process of electromagnetic induction, it charges the device.
The primary coil of wire in the charging pad induces a current in the secondary coil of wire in the device being charged. This in turn charges the battery. Technically, isn't really wireless, as there are still plenty of wires involved, but it is easier calling it wireless charging.
Pros of Wireless Charging
So that is a quick outline of how it works, but what are all the pros and cons of using wireless chargers. Well place your device down on a pad to charge and not having to plug-in a cable is easier and more convenient.
Not having to plug and unplug cables into your device means you won't wear down and have to replace the cables as often. Larger pads with multiple coils allow you to easily charge several devices without having a big mess of cables. Wireless chargers can be built into desk stands and car chargers, making putting them down quick and easy.
They can also be built into furniture, an idea which IKEA has already latched onto. You also don’t have to worry about cleaning dirt out of your charging port.
Cons of Wireless Charging
However, at least the time being, the device has to be in close contact with the charging pad, making it hard to actually use the device while charging, something that is much easier with a cable. Not all devices currently support wireless charging, although this will likely improve over time.
There isn’t reason a single wireless charging standard - the two largest currently are Qi wireless charging and airfuel. Qi will likely be the defacto standard in the future, as more devices are currently supported and most devices that do support airfuel also support Qi - but time will tell. Both the charger and the charging device can get warmer than wired charging.
Finally, until devices come with wireless chargers, the extra investment in cost to switch to wireless charging may not be a price that everyone wants to pay.
What to Look for in a Wireless Charger
Say you are sold on wireless charging and you want to purchase a charger. What should you be looking for, and what things should you avoid? First, make sure you are buying the product from a reputable brand that they will deliver good, consistent power.
If this is for your smartphone or tablet that you spend a few hundred dollars on, you don't want to risk damaging it with a cheap charger. Check to see what wireless charging standard your current device supports - it'll probably be either Qi charging or airfuel. Next, look at how many watts your device can charge at. Most chargers you will see are either 5 watts or 7.5 watts.
Most current devices that support fast charging will charge up to 7.5 watts, but the latest Qi 1.2 standard goes up to 15 watts for compatible devices, so I'd recommend getting a charger that outputs at least 7.5 W, or 15 W if you want to be more future-proof.
You should also check to see if the charging pad includes a wall adapter - if not, you want to get one with the same wattage that has support for fast charging and outputs at two amps. Overall, we think wireless charging is a great technology and should only get better from here as more and more manufacturers support it in their flagship devices.
That said, if you are happy with wired charging and you don't want to spend the money to invest in wireless charging, you can definitely wait until the technology is more widespread.
Best Samsung Wireless Chargers
- NOTE : Product has to be used with a Genuine Samsung Wall Charger
- Easily convert your wireless charger from a pad to a stand
- Use as a stand to read notifications or take calls without interrupting charging
Your first two Samsung wireless chargers are probably no surprise, as they both come directly from Samsung.
You’ve got their latest offering, which was released alongside the Galaxy S8, that has a very high quality, soft touch, almost leather-like surface and it is convertible too, so you can use it as is, or that you can push it back and flip it up to put in stand mode.
It delivers fast charge to compatible devices like the Galaxy S8 and it also comes with one of Samsung's fast charge USB C wall plugs as well. This one comes in at around $50, so it's not the cheapest one out there, but if you're looking for something a little less expensive and one that still comes from Samsung, you can hop back a generation and grab the previous model that also doubles as a stand, supports fast charge and includes a Micro USB cable and a wall adapter.
This one comes in at about $30 - $60; you can grab it in four different colours, and if you're not a fan of this whole stand thing, you can pick up the regular flat charging pad too.
- 2-COIL FAST CHARGING - 1.4 times faster than standard wireless charger, built-in two coils offer you much wider charging area. This Quick Charge 2.0 wireless charging stand will juice up your compatible device from dead to full in a short amount of time.
- ERGONOMIC STAND DESIGN- Unique Sailing Design for Freedom, charging your phone vertically or horizontally, enjoys movie and music without interrupting while charging. Also, you can answer a call without having to unplug.
- TWO WIRELESS CHARGING MODES- Fast Charge Model: Compatible with Galaxy S10/S10 Plus/S10E/S9/S9 Plus/Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/S6 Edge+/S7/S7 Edge and Note 9/Note 8/Note5, required QC 2.0 adapter as its power source (Not Included, Galaxy S9's original adapter does not support fast wireless charging) Standard Charge Model: Compatible with standard QI enabled device like iPhone X/XS/ XR/XS Max/8/8 Plus, Some device may require the addition of a wireless charging receiver like other iPhones (Not Included).
This next out of these Samsung wireless chargers is from Nanami and it's got a very simple straightforward plastic build, but it does support fast charge with two coils, to ensure taller devices such as the Galaxy S8+ will receive a charge no problem.
As well as overcharge and overheating protection, this charger comes with a USB cable to get you started, but you will have to use your own quick charge adapter to get the most out of it. Coming in at just under $20, along with a one-year warranty and a great Amazon rating, you really can't go wrong with this option.
- [The Anker Advantage] : Join the 20 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- [Faster Wireless Charging] : Fast Charge Mode enables wireless charging up to 2⨉ faster. (Metal attachments or credit cards will interfere with charging.)
- [Premium Design] : LED indicators, non-slip pad, and compact build ensure simple and convenient charging.
If you’re looking for something more minimal, Anker has got you covered. This little guy does support fast charge, and it also comes with a set of safety features like surge protection, temperature control, short-circuit prevention and more.
It does come with a USB cable, but just like the last charger, you will have to provide your own wall adapter. Interestingly, it also lights up with tiny blue LEDs, which we think is a really nice touch. This is the smallest wireless charger on the list - it is tiny, and coming in at the range of $20 $25, this is probably your best bet if simplicity is what you’re after in Samsung wireless chargers.
- 【MULTIFUNCTION】Toennesen Samsung fast wireless charger can not only realize the function of charging and the pencil container, but also can be used as mobile phone stand .you can free your hands,and easily answer emails, receive calls,dirve car and whatever else you might need to do at office or in car while your phone is charging on wireless charging pad stand.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】 The QI wireless fast charger stand belongs to ultra fast charger,its max output is 10W,when we charge the smartphone, Android fast charger supports fast charging(like Galaxy S8,S8 Plus, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 8,Note 5 ,S6 Edge Plus) .Iphone fast charger supports iPhone 8,iPhone 8S,iPhone X,with AC adapter 2.0 or 3.0.(5V 2A AC ADAPTER NEEDED).NOTE: Samsung S9 Plus and S9 OEM AC adapter CANNOT SUPPORT wireless fast charging.
- 【INTELLIGENT LED INDICATOR】 Qi wireless charger will turn into blue and green for 5 seconds when it connects to power and keeps blue light on standby status, then turns into green when wireless charging pad stand starts to charge phone; For iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8, light won't change even if phone is fully charged as iPhones do not send any signal to iPhone wireless charger
The next charger (and the few after it) include some multifunctional options. These are charges that do a little something extra. This particular charger will not only prop up your phone and charge it, but it also holds pens, pencils, markers and even a pair of scissors, which makes this the perfect office desk companion.
On top of that, it supports fast charge 2.0 and 3.0, though you will need to buy that adapter unfortunately – you may be noticing a bit of a trend here with these!
- 3 IN 1: Wireless charger, 3-port USB charger station with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology and Power IQ.,also the mobile phone stand .
- CHARGE FASTER : Charge compatible devices from 0% to 80% in just 35 minutes with the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 USB Port. Also fast charges QC 2.0 devices.Other 2 USB Port with Ismart Technology ,2.4A each output .
- INTELLIGENT PROTECTION: QC, CE, FCC and RoHS certified design ensure superior performance and safety. Over current protection, over voltage protection, short circuit protection and over temperature protection ensure long span life.
Next is the Coeuspow 3 – and yes, you guessed it, it has quick charge 2.0 support, but not only that, but it's got three extra full USB ports for charging other devices, one of which supports quick charge 3.0.
The other two support what is being called I-smart technology, which ensures you are getting the fastest charge possible for your device. This one props your phone up at a 45° angle, so while it’s not a full-on stand, it does give you a better viewing angle than a flat charging pad.
It has its share of grips to hang onto your phone, as well as whatever it’s sitting on, and coming in at just under $30, this is the charger you want to get if you're looking to charge multiple devices at once, rather than having multiple Samsung wireless chargers.
- QiStone+ is an elegant Portable Wireless Charging Power Bank that allows you to charge any Qi-enabled device on the go.
- Charge QiStone+ wirelessly, or charge other device wirelessly.
- It uses the Qi Wireless standard, is compatible with all Qi Receivers (such as S5 SlimPWRcard, S5 PWRcard for Samsung Galaxy S5, iQi Mobile for latest iPhone phones). Works with Qi-compatible devices like Nexus 5 and Moto 360 out of the box. With its 1.0mA USB port Wired Transfer is also an option too.
The last charger in this category is the QiStone from phone salesman. Now, this one is your best bet if you're looking for something portable - while this isn’t one of the fastest Samsung wireless chargers, it gives you a level of portability that the other chargers just can’t offer.
This is a true wireless charger - inside is a 40,000 mA hour battery and if your phone doesn't support wireless charging, it's got a full USB port, so you can use it like a normal power bank. You can recharge it via Micro USB, but it actually has a Qi receiver on the bottom, so go ahead and toss it on another wireless charger to charge your wireless, wireless charger.
This one comes in at a pretty hefty price and if you’re interested, phone salesman also offers a version with built in speaker.
- BUY ONLY FROM SELLER EKA ENTERPRISES. Works with most cell phone cases. 100% Brand New, High Quality Wireless Charger, Easy to setup and use. Just power up your qi QI charger with 2Amp adapter, then place your Qi enabled device on the charging pad. Charger detects the device and starts to charge.
- Ultra-Slim circular design. LED indicator illuminates to notify user when device is charging.
- Compatible with Galaxy S7/S7 Edge/S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/Note5, Google Nexus 4/5/6/7 HD, Nokia Lumia 1520/1020/920/928, HTC Droid DNA, Rzound, LG G4, Moto Droid Turbo, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, Blackberry Z30, Pentax WG-III camera, and Other QI-Enabled Phones and Tablets or devices with QI receiver.
This last category is for those of you that are in it for the looks - this one here is the least expensive one on the list, coming in at just below $10, but we like it because it's got a transparent shell, and it lights up blue when it starts charging a phone.
It’s not the fastest charger on the list, but if you don't need fast charging, I'd give this one a shot.
- WIRELESS CHARGING - sleek and stylish wireless charger allows you to charge your iPhone 8/8+ and other Qi-compatible devices without attaching a charging cable every time you want to charge your device.
- FAST CHARGING - option to charge your device up to 1.4x faster than standard wireless charging pads. Your device will indicate if it is fast-charging when placed on the charging pad (Please use QC 2.0 or Samsung original adapter and cable to enable fast charge feature).
- PREMIUM ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION - stylish design comes in four metallic colors: gold, silver, space gray, and rose gold.
Now you have this one from Satachi. It doesn't light up or anything, but it just looks premium, with an aluminium frame, along with gorgeous edges. This one does support quick charge 2.0, but again, you’ll have to buy the proper wall adapter.
If you’re looking for something heavy, premium and more mature looking, at the range of $25 - $30, this is your pick.
However, if you really want something with a bycast leather cover. This charging pad comes from Zuma, and it is indeed encased in bycast leather. It has a very slim profile and it has a built-in flat USB cable – can’t get much more stylish than that!
This one also isn’t the fastest charger on the list, but it looks awesome and remember, it’s the only charger on this list covered with bycast leather.